Basils Cafe and Bar at Basils Farm
Basils Farm Cafe is open with a limit of 75 seated guests. Once again we encourage you to book ahead online at basilsfarm.com.au/bookings. Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 10 people and a 1 person per 4sqm rule applies for guests dining.
As per the regulations, we have been instructed to conduct ID checks and check-ins are compulsory, via the Service Victoria Check-In app or website. Unfortunately for our Melbourne friends, the lockdown restrictions are still in place and cannot visit regional Victoria.
We hope to welcome everyone back to Basils as soon as possible!
Basils Cafe is open for lunch – reservations only. Indoor Cafe/Pavilion or verandah dining only.
Basils Bar (Outdoor Caravan) is closed over the cooler months.
The Cellar Door will be open for wine tastings from 11am to 5pm, weekends. 4 people at a time. Walk-in’s only.
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Monday, Thursday & Friday: 12pm to 5pm
Weekends: 11am to 5pm
*Public Holidays – 20% surcharge. Please note we will be closed on the Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday, Monday 14th June.
About the Cafe and Pavilion
Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
Basils Café also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and non alcoholic beverages.
Bookings for the Cafe are essential to ensure a table is available for you.
Please BOOK ONLINE or email: email@example.com for further information. By making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Farmhouse or Pavilion Undercover Dining – bookings preferred.
You can request your preference of inside the Farmhouse or on the Farmhouse veranda. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Spacious undercover area with heating, with views over Swan Bay. Please note during the cooler months and over winter, we close the outdoor dining area to allow the grass to regenerate.
If you wish to guarantee a table booking in the Farmhouse or Verandah (undercover) or Pavilion (undercover) a booking is required.
- Tables booked in the Pavilion will be undercover, however, the blinds will be open as the Pavilion space is designated as an outside area. On cooler days, the Pavilion will be heated and for those dining outdoors, gas heaters are available. We suggest you please bring a warm jacket. Outside tables mostly have shade from umbrellas and trees.
- Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours to accommodate later seating times. All guests must be dining with us.
- Maximum table size of 10 people. Groups of 10 are available in the Pavilion (not available in the Farmhouse or Verandah). For private function bookings over 30 people please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing the cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and please bring bags for dog waste/clean up after your dog.
Basils Farm – Farm News