Basils Cafe and Bar at Basils Farm
Basils Cafe is open for lunch – reservations only.
Basils Bar (Outdoor Caravan) is open for walk-in’s (no bookings), subject to weather – WEEKEND”S ONLY. Tables for 60 guests subject to availability. (Menu below). Open from 12pm to 4pm.
Please note, we are fully booked for Mother’s Day – Sunday 9th May. If you wish to join our wait list please email: email@example.com
The Cellar Door will be open for wine tastings from 11am to 5pm, weekends. 6 people at a time. Walk-in’s only.
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Monday, Thursday & Friday: 12pm to 5pm
Weekends: 11am to 5pm
*Public Holidays – 20% surcharge. Please note this includes ANZAC day, Sunday 25th April.
About the Cafe and Pavilion
Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
Basils Café also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and non alcoholic beverages.
Bookings for the Cafe are essential to ensure a table is available for you.
Please BOOK ONLINE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. By making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Dining for Walk-in’s – Basils Bar Menu
- Subject to availability and weather conditions. If you wish to guarantee a table we suggest you make a Cafe booking.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours.
- Maximum table size of 10 people.
- Basils Bar menu – www.basilsfarm.com.au/cafe-menu
- Basils Bar is open on weekends (weather dependent). 12pm to 4pm.
Farmhouse, Pavilion Undercover Dining or Outdoor Garden Dining – bookings required.
You can request your preference of inside the Farmhouse or on the Farmhouse veranda. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Space: Pavilion or Garden/Outside
You can request your preference for the gardens or the pavilion. If it is raining, you will be automatically moved to the veranda for protection.
Please note during winter we close the outdoor dining area.
If you wish to guarantee a table booking in the Farmhouse or Verandah (undercover), Pavilion (undercover) or outdoors in the garden, a booking is required.
- Tables booked in the Pavilion will be undercover, however, the blinds will be open as the Pavilion space is designated as an outside area. On cooler days, the Pavilion will be heated and for those dining outdoors, gas heaters are available. We suggest you please bring a warm jacket. Outside tables mostly have shade from umbrellas and trees.
- Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours to accommodate later seating times. All guests must be dining with us.
- Maximum table size of 10 people. Groups of 10 are available in the Pavilion or outside (not available in the Farmhouse or Verandah).
- We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing the cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and please bring bags for dog waste/clean up after your dog.
Basils Farm – Farm News