Basils Cafe at Basils Farm
** Please note, Basils Cafe is fully booked this Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th November. The Cellar Door will be open for wine tastings from 11am to 4pm. 6 people at a time. Walk-in’s only.**
Weekdays: 12pm to 4pm. (Last person seated by 2pm).
Weekends: 11am to 5pm. (Last person seated by 3pm).
Café menu only, all bookings must be dining with us.
(Please note, walk-ins not accepted after 2pm weekdays and 3pm weekends).
Farmhouse, Pavilion Undercover Dining or Outdoor Garden Dining – bookings required.
Space: Inside/Veranda (Maximum 18 people, combined)
You can request your preference of inside the Farmhouse or on the Farmhouse veranda. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Space: Pavilion or Garden/Outside (Maximum 70 people, combined)
You can request your preference for the gardens or the pavilion. If it is raining, you will be automatically moved to the veranda for protection.
- 20 people inside/veranda,
- 70 people outside/pavilion,
- 80 people at cellar door/caravan
If you wish to guarantee a table booking in the Farmhouse or Verandah (undercover), Pavilion (undercover) or outdoors in the garden, a booking is required.
- Tables booked in the Pavilion will be undercover, however, the blinds will be open as the Pavilion space is designated as an outside area. On cooler days, the Pavilion will be heated and for those dining outdoors, gas heaters are available. We suggest you please bring a warm jacket. Outside tables mostly have shade from umbrellas and trees.
- Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours to accommodate later seating times. All guests must be dining with us.
- Maximum table size of 10 people. Maximum group size of 10 people per booking. Please note, this number includes children over 12 months of age – as per government regulations. Groups of 10 are available in the Pavilion or outside (not available in the Farmhouse or Verandah).
- We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing the cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Bookings are essential to ensure a table is available for you.
Please BOOK ONLINE or email: email@example.com for further information. By making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions above.
Dining for Walk-in’s
- Subject to availability. If you wish to guarantee a table we suggest you make a booking.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours.
- Maximum table/group size of 10 people. Please note, this number includes children over 12 months of age – as per government regulations.
About the Cafe and Pavilion (Pre Covid-19 restrictions)
Basils Farmhouse Café seats 45 indoors and our Pavilion seats 100. Additionally, an extensive grassed area surrounded by landscaped gardens provides seating for over 100. Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from of our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
Basils Café also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and sparkling drinks.
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and please bring bags for dog waste/clean up after your dog.
Basils Farm – Farm News