Basils Farm is now open for lunch.
Weekdays: 12pm to 4pm. (Last person seated by 2pm).
Weekends: 11am to 5pm. (Last person seated by 3pm).
Café menu only, all bookings must be dining with us.
(Please note, walk-ins not accepted after 2pm weekdays and 3pm weekends).
Farmhouse, Pavilion Undercover Dining or Outdoor Garden Dining – bookings required.
Space: Inside/Veranda (Maximum 18 people, combined)
You can request your preference of inside the Farmhouse or on the Farmhouse veranda. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Space: Pavilion or Garden/Outside (Maximum 50 people, combined)
You can request your preference for the gardens or the pavilion. If it is raining, you will be automatically moved to the veranda for protection.
If you wish to guarantee a table booking in the Farmhouse or Verandah (undercover), Pavilion (undercover) or outdoors in the garden, a booking is required.
- Tables booked in the Pavilion will be undercover, however, the blinds will be open as the Pavilion space is designated as an outside area. On cooler days, the Pavilion will be heated and for those dining outdoors, gas heaters are available. We suggest you please bring a warm jacket. Outside tables mostly have shade from umbrellas and trees.
- Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours to accommodate later seating times. All guests must be dining with us.
- Please note, due to current regulations, we will refuse entry to any guest that currently resides in a lock-down area, subject to the restrictions in place on the day of your reservation. ID checks will be performed by the Basils team.
- Maximum table size of 8 people. Maximum group size of 10 people (split over 2 tables). Please note, this number includes children and babies in prams – as per government regulations.
- We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing the cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Bookings are essential to ensure a table is available for you.
Please BOOK ONLINE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. By making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions above.
We will be adhering to social distancing requirements with tables being placed 1.5 meters apart. Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be increasing cleaning of the venue throughout the day.
Dining for Walk-in’s
- Subject to availability. If you wish to guarantee a table we suggest you make a booking.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours.
- Maximum table/group size of 8 people. Please note, this number includes children and babies in prams – as per government regulations.
ID Checks for Dine-In Customers
Regional hospitality businesses must ask dine-in customers to show a photo ID (such as a driver’s license or proof of age card) that indicates your address is not in metropolitan Melbourne. (Take away food is however available for all customers).
The safety of our staff, customers, and community is important to us. We trust that everyone will be understanding and patient as we undertake the required checks. Unfortunately, if your primary place of residence is metropolitan Melbourne, we will be unable to serve you in-house.
We can’t wait to welcome back all our Melbourne guests as soon as we get the go-ahead!
About the Cafe and Pavilion (Pre Covid-19 restrictions)
Basils Farmhouse Café seats 45 indoors and our Pavilion seats 100. Additionally, an extensive grassed area surrounded by landscaped gardens provides seating for over 100. Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from of our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
Basils Café also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and sparkling drinks.
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and please bring bags for dog waste/clean up after your dog.
Basils Farm – Farm News