Basils Cafe and Bar at Basils Farm
Basils Cafe is open for lunch – reservations preferred. Very limited tables are available for walk-in’s outdoors. Please book in advance to secure a table.
Basils Bar – is now closed for the cooler months. We hope to reopen in November.
Pets: Dogs are permitted at Basils Farm.
Please note, Basils Farm grounds are only open to those dining in the Cafe. Animal feeding Activity Packs are an optional add on ($10) for those dining in the Cafe. Unfortunately, we do not permit visitors to just visit the gardens and/or farm animals, you must be dining to have access to the property. Thanks for your understanding.
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Monday, Thursday & Friday: 11.30am to 5pm
Weekends: 11.00am to 5pm
*Public Holidays – 20% surcharge.
Please note, we will be closed from Friday 24th December and open again on Tuesday 4th January.
About the Cafe and Pavilion
Sit amongst the mature fig and citrus trees and absorb the breathtaking views across the lawned area and potager garden to Swan Bay and the historic township of Queenscliff. The kids can also have fun, playing outdoor games, digging in the sandpit or exploring the edible garden.
From September to April visitors can enjoy our “Sunday Sessions” – a relaxed vibe, featuring acoustic tunes from talented local musicians, every Sunday afternoon. Please check our Events page for artists and dates.
Our seasonal menu always includes fresh produce from our own gardens. Don’t be surprised if you see one of the kitchen staff scurry past your table and out the door headed to the potager garden… then pass you on the way back loaded with armfuls of freshly picked produce. Chances are it’s about to be served up to you for lunch.
Basils Café also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the range of Basils Farm wines including – Basils Reserve and Basils Farm, in addition to a selection of local boutique beers, juices and non alcoholic beverages.
Bookings for the Cafe are essential to ensure a table is available for you.
Please BOOK ONLINE or email: [email protected] for further information. By making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions below.
- Please book at: basilsfarm.com.au/bookings. If your preferred time slot is unavailable it is fully booked.
- Basils Farm will only permit entry to those who are fully vaccinated (for those aged 16+). Our Covid Compliance Marshall will be checking Covid-19 Vaccination Digital Certificates at the entrance. Please ensure you have downloaded your certificate to your Service Victoria App or Medicare Express Plus App. Further information as to how to do this can be found at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate
- Tables booked in the Pavilion will be undercover. On cooler days, the Pavilion will be heated and for those dining outdoors, gas heaters are available. We suggest you please bring a warm jacket. Outside tables mostly have shade from umbrellas and trees.
- Please arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for no shows after 15 minutes.
- All tables are limited to a maximum seating time of 1.5 hours to accommodate later seating times. All guests must be dining with us.
- Group Bookings, maximum table size of 10 people. Groups of 10 are available in the Pavilion and Garden. The maximum table size in the Farmhouse is 8. For private function bookings over 30 people please email: [email protected]
Dogs at Basils Farm
We love our furry friends and welcome well-behaved dogs that can be placed on a leash (as we also have lots of families visit). We have many lovely shady spots under our fruit trees and also gums, for doggies to relax. Please also ensure you keep your dog off the garden and please bring bags for dog waste/clean up after your dog.
Basils Farm – Farm News